Saturday, March 07, 2009

Double the posting, double the FRENCH TOAST

So yeah...another day, another blog. I knew once I got started on this there would be no stopping me. Thanks Jenn. Anyway, I sit here at home because apparently my endeavor to the local IHOP ended in tragedy, leaving me clutching my stomach and cursing the ground walked on by whomever invented French toast. So...once again, I have to lay out of work for some time. Thank God for MetLife...lol.

So yeah, I went with my sister-in-law to take my poor cat Pippin to the vet today. He's allergic to flea saliva, and if he is bitten even once it gets in his bloodstream and he proceeds to chew himself to death. Fun. He was bitten a few weeks back when
my mom visited with her dog and, to her surprise and our dismay, he had some fleas. They are gone now, but Pippin is still chewing. My sister-in-law was going to take him since Emily and Olivia are in Montgomery right now and I would be at work, but thanks to FRENCH TOAST I got a vacation day. So we got his shots updated, and he got a shot to take care of the allergy. The poor cat doesn't like anything out of the ordinary, so he nearly had a coronary when the doctor was looking at him. Plus the vet office has a bird that imitates everything, and it was mocking Pippin from the moment we entered. But he is home now, and hopefully on the way to recovery, with a follow-up in two weeks.

So on the way home, to thank my sis-in-law for helping, I decided to get us breakfast at BK. And what do I order? FRENCH TOAST STICKS. Lovely. Why am I stupid sometimes? I must still be freaked out by the deadpan waitress from IHOP last night...my mind isn't clear. So I sit and suffer the wrath of double French toast, while actually (for once) wishing I could be at work instead of using vacation time that I would rather save. At least the cat is okay.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for healthy cats! I know after William passed away, we did blood work on Blake to see if anything was wrong, and thankfully he's fine. Viva la french toast.

    ReplyDelete